I was kindly sent a pot of Shea Butter and Apricot Oil Moisturiser from the lovely people at Pure Body Butters to try. It came at a good time as I’ve been suffering terribly with dry skin, particularly on my hands as I’ve been washing them far more since the boys arrival.
This is what they recommend it can be used for:
• Anti-aging wrinkles & frown lines
• Skin blemishes
• Dry or damaged skin
• Massaging tired muscles
• Irritated skin / dermatitis
• Shaving soreness
• Dry heals, elbows & knees
• Cradle cap
• Daily use
It comes in a teeny pot and the first thing that struck me was the smell. Or lack of it. Now this isn’t a bad thing, but because of the likes of Lush, Body Shop et al, I think we’ve come to expect gorgeous smelling creams and potions, but because this stuff is 100% natural, nothing’s been added to please the nostrils. You only need a small amount and it does seem a tad greasy when you first apply, but it soon soaks into the skin. I mainly used it on my poor dry skin (particularly my hands and lips) and it certainly helps to soften them up a treat (almost immediately). They claim that it also works for wrinkles and skin blemishes and I didn’t try it for that, so I can’t say whether it works or not, but fully recommend it for dry skin. The pot is handbag side and often finds its way from handbag to bedside cabinet to lounge table as I dip into it through the day and, as you only need a small amount, it seems like it’s lasting for ages. Winner.
The Pure Body Butters folk have kindly offered to give three pots away to my lucky readers, so if you’re interested in trying it for yourself, see the entry details below.
To enter, pop a comment with your email address in the comments below by 30th November and the winner will be picked at random.
- This giveaway is only open to UK residents.
- Only three people will win one pot of Shea Butter and Apricot Oil Moisturiser
- The deadline for the giveaway is 11.59pm UK time on 30th November 2013.
- Participants can enter more than once, but with a maximum of five entries.
- A separate comment must be made for each entry.
- A winner will be selected at random using random.org and contacted by email. You must reply to the email within 48 hours or a new winner may be chosen.
- The prize will be sent by first class mail.
- There is no cash alternative.